Monday 28 January 2008

Fighting bad web 2.0

I wrote about the dark underbelly of web 2.0 here. Something I suggested to counteract the increasingly fragmented, isolated and inaccurate islands of information (ooh alliteration!) is the adoption of professional standards for people publishing information on the Internet, which web 3.0 could enforce.

On the other side of the coin though, I realised (as I was thinking about the blog below) that the importance of professionals reporting fundamentally unbiased information will also need to grow. In the future, I see only one organisation capable of doing this. Yep, if the pic hadn't given it away, it's the BBC. I also just found a great little entry on this by Richard Titus - the Beeb's Head of User Experience. There is also an article on finding the truth on the net from the BBC here.

No comments: